Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 10 March 2024

What Pain?

    

Fourth Sunday of Lent

10 March 2024

 
First Reading: 2 Chr 36:14-16, 19-23
Responsorial Psalm: Ps 137:1-2, 3, 4-5, 6
Second Reading: Eph 2:4-10
Gospel: Jn 3:14-21
 
Reflection
By: Gharri Tulabut
 
One of the great practices that my charismatic community, Light of Jesus Family, started practicing recently is culminating its big events with the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. This was also the case last November at the Feast Conference.

At the adoration, I decides to kneel the whole time the Blessed Sacrament was veneratesfrom the moment the procession started, up until the lights were put off. And the whole time, my knees ached. Because the event took like what, 30-45 minutes? (And I forgot I have a leg handicap.😁)

Several worship songs were sung at that time, contemporary and traditional; even Latin like Tantum Ergo.

And as the pain on my knees' became unbeable, tears continue to fall from my eyes like water falls (hagulgol ba?), epecially when these lyrics were sang:

"You left the glory of Your throne
And chose to make a home
Here in the mess so You could walk with the unworthy
Almighty Son of Man
You chose a crown of thorns
So by Your blood we are redeemed and be made worthy" (Worthy, Holy be Feast Worship)

What is the pain in my legs compared to what the Son has endured for me?

What is an hour of sacrifice compared to what the Father endured looking at His Son's suffering?

That night, I was crying and smiling at the same time. I was crying asking for forgiveness for my sins after what He has done. Smiling knowing that God truly loved me so much that He gave His only begotten Son for me, for us.

Prayer

Thank You God for everything!
Glory be You Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you feel...

Followers

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP