Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 25 February 2024

Transfiguration, Confession, Reconfiguration

    

Second Sunday of Lent

25 February 2024

 
First Reading: Gn 22:1-2, 9a, 10-13, 15-18
Responsorial Psalm: Ps 116:10, 15, 16-17, 18-19
Second Reading: Rom 8:31b-34
Gospel: Mk 9:2-10
 
Reflection
By: Ma. Rosalina S. Flores

Last week, my fellow lector requested to swap schedule with me as he had a work-related travel. I instantly said yes, though that would mean, I might have to attend two Masses in a day, first at the Manila Cathedral for my service, then in Quiapo Church for my Friday devotion.

On Thursday night before going to sleep, I was not quite sure if I be able to attend Mass in Quiapo. Justifying my thoughts, I kept telling myself that maybe Jesus would understand if I just drop by Quiapo after my serve at the Manila Cathedral, at least, I still went, even for a visit.

On Friday morning, I came to realize that since I was feeling lazy to hear a second Mass in Quiapo, then I might just go to confession, instead, timely for the season of Lent. But the problem, I was not yet ready to face the Lord in the sacrament of reconciliation. I was not spiritually and emotionally prepared to admit my sins before the priest. So, I prayed to God on my way to the Manila Cathedral saying, "Lord, please disturb me and give me the courage I needed in order to go to confession." Immediately an answered prayer, upon hearing the word "turn", I could not contain my heart from its burning desire, I badly wanted to go to confession, NOW.

After the Mass at the Manila Cathedral, I went straight to Quiapo Church, uttering another prayer, to be at the shortest queue for confession, so that temptation of shyness and laziness will not deter my reconciliation with God.

Entering Quiapo Church, I was second in the line to the confession box, and in less than five minutes, I was there mentioning my sins to the priest. And that, I could say was my transfiguration moment, Jesus made me and my plans even more beautiful. I did not only hear Mass but also got the chance to be reconciled with Him on that Friday.

Jesus' transfiguration in this Sunday's Gospel brought peace of mind to Peter, James, and John that urged them to just stay on the mount. In our Modern world today, may the transfiguration of Jesus shake us so we be led to changing our ways of life.

In the Transfiguration, a voice was heard from the cloud, declaring Jesus as the Father's beloved Son and we must listen to Him. In Confession, we get back our identity of being beloved children of God, ready to amend our lives and align our paths to Him.

Prayer

Dear Lord Jesus, may Your transfiguration inspires us to reconfigure our lives so we may always be united to Your will. This we ask in Your Holy Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you feel...

Followers

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP