Powered by Blogger.

Saturday 30 March 2024

His Redemption







Easter Sunday

31 March 2024

 
First Reading: Acts 10:34,37-43
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 117(118):1-2,16-17,22-23
Second Reading: Colossians 3:1-4
Gospel: John 20:1-9
 
Reflection
By: Grace B. Madriñan
 
“Till this moment they had failed to understand the teaching of scripture, that he must rise from the dead.” - John 20:9

While I am writing this reflection,  I can’t help but think of a good friend.  He suffered a hemorrhagic stroke and is currently in the hospital.  Actually, he is supposed to be the one to write the reflection for today’s Gospel.  

I know it is Easter Sunday and I am supposed to write about the summit of our faith, the glorious rising of Jesus Christ from the dead. But here I am stuck in a “Good Friday” state.    

I felt sad learning of what happened to my friend.  He is a worship leader, a co-preacher, a writer, an active servant of Christ,  how could something devastating happen to him? That was my first thought.  

But a few minutes after the thought,  I was reminded that Jesus is the Son of God and yet he suffered for us, brutally crucified and died on the cross. When it finally sinked in,  my tears got worse and I could not help but cry all the more. 

Jesus suffered far more than any person in this world.  How could I even question why it happened to my friend?

There is no resurrection without the crucifixion. There is no Easter Sunday without Good Friday. We know that now. But at the time of Easter morning,  I believe the disciples are even more confused.  They just saw their Master being crucified and now they arrived in an empty tomb. They are with the Lord everyday learning about his teachings and yet they still failed to understand. 

Jesus’ resurrection brings us hope and this is a good reminder for every dark hole we experience in our mortal life. 

If my friend suffered this stroke,  I firmly believe he will recover soon to tell the story and glorify the Lord even more.  I can’t wait for him to write his reflection about this experience, no longer as a third person but as someone who personally experienced His redemption. 

Prayer

Dearest Lord, thank You.  We don’t say it enough with our words and our actions, but we are truly grateful.  We are wholly indebted, elated by Your extravagant love.  Forgive our indifference and shortcomings.  Stay with us, guide us and never let us go.  Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you feel...

Followers

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP