Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 22 February 2009

Divine Healing

7th Sunday Sunday In Ordinary Time
22 February 2009



Come, let us rejoice in the Lord: let us acclaim God our salvation, alleluia.


First reading Isaiah 43:18-19,21-22,24-25
Thus says the Lord:
No need to recall the past,
no need to think about what was done before.
See, I am doing a new deed,
even now it comes to light; can you not see it?
Yes, I am making a road in the wilderness,
paths in the wilds.
The people I have formed for myself
will sing my praises.
Jacob, you have not invoked me,
you have not troubled yourself, Israel, on my behalf.
You have spent no money on fragrant cane for me,
you have not filled me with the fat of your sacrifices.
Instead you have burdened me with your sins,
troubled me with your iniquities.
I it is, I it is, who must blot out everything
and not remember your sins.

Psalm or canticle: Psalm 40:2-5,13-14

Second reading 2 Corinthians 1:18-22
I swear by God’s truth, there is no Yes and No about what we say to you. The Son of God, the Christ Jesus that we proclaimed among you – I mean Silvanus and Timothy and I – was never Yes and No: with him it was always Yes, and however many the promises God made, the Yes to them all is in him. That is why it is ‘through him’ that we answer Amen to the praise of God. Remember it is God himself who assures us all, and you, of our standing in Christ, and has anointed us, marking us with his seal and giving us the pledge, the Spirit, that we carry in our hearts.

Gospel Mark 2:1-12
When Jesus returned to Capernaum, word went round that he was back; and so many people collected that there was no room left, even in front of the door. He was preaching the word to them when some people came bringing him a paralytic carried by four men, but as the crowd made it impossible to get the man to him, they stripped the roof over the place where Jesus was; and when they had made an opening, they lowered the stretcher on which the paralytic lay. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, ‘My child, your sins are forgiven.’ Now some scribes were sitting there, and they thought to themselves, ‘How can this man talk like that? He is blaspheming. Who can forgive sins but God?’ Jesus, inwardly aware that this was what they were thinking, said to them, ‘Why do you have these thoughts in your hearts? Which of these is easier: to say to the paralytic, “Your sins are forgiven” or to say, “Get up, pick up your stretcher and walk”? But to prove to you that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,’ – he turned to the paralytic – ‘I order you: get up, pick up your stretcher, and go off home.’ And the man got up, picked up his stretcher at once and walked out in front of everyone, so that they were all astounded and praised God saying, ‘We have never seen anything like this.’

Reflection

By Anabelle Payod - Balla

My daughters love watching Animal Planet and once in a while I take a peek of what is on that is causing them to giggle or utter the words, “Ahh, ang galing! (That is great!). One time, something amazing caught my attention. The TV channel was featuring the salamander and other animals that can grow back their missing body parts like tails! Yes, if the fish or salamander lose their tail, they can regenerate or regrow it back! It can heal itself and be complete again.

Amazing! It is like magic but it is not. Some scientists are saying that we humans have this capability too but they haven’t established all the right information yet. However, I know from a personal experience that it is very possible for us to regrow ourselves and be complete again as a person, spiritually and yes, even physically to some degree.

Every time I commit sins, I feel like I have lost some parts of myself. And more often than not, it leads to sickness. Sin causes sickness. It makes me feel guilty, weak, and sometimes worthless, bringing negative energy to my body, causing me to feel unwell, restless.

Fortunately there is cure available for everybody, FORGIVENESS. Forgiveness that comes from the Lord that leads to divine healing, making us whole again. Sin destroys, but forgiveness restores. It restores both our spiritual and physical being. It helps us to feel good and feeling good is healthy for the body.

So let us follow this two-step process to achieve complete healing. First is to seek the Lord and ask for His forgiveness. And second is to believe and accept His forgiveness. This is key as this will allow us to forgive ourselves as well. Remember that God is a forgiving God and when He forgives, He totally blots out our offenses and remembers our sins no more.

Like the four men in this Sunday’s Gospel whose strong faith in Jesus have kept them looking for ways to get near him so the paralytic man can be forgiven and be healed, let us passionately go out of our way to reach out to God and ask Him to forgive and heal not only ourselves, but our brothers and sisters as well.

Forgiveness heals body, heart and soul. Seek and accept forgiveness today.

Anluwage.com



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we think that sin just affects our souls, but since it's the very core of our being, it spreads across our whole selves including our bodies and minds that we totally become afflicted by it.

    The effect of sin can also be reflected on how our country and the world is faring at the moment. The apathy for example of our countrymen towards corruption and the government indicates how we as a nation have grown numbed to these evils. Unless we all realize this and come to our senses and repent, the cancer in our society will be left untreated until it's too late.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you feel...

Followers

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP