Powered by Blogger.

Monday 18 July 2011

Keeping Faith Amidst Trials, the Living Witness!



17th Sunday in Ordinary Time
24 July 2011



Come, let us rejoice in the Lord: let us acclaim God our salvation, alleluia.


First reading 1 Kings 3:5,7-12
The Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream and said, ‘Ask what you would like me to give you.’ Solomon replied, ‘O Lord my God, you have made your servant king in succession to David my father. But I am a very young man, unskilled in leadership. Your servant finds himself in the midst of this people of yours that you have chosen, a people so many its number cannot be counted or reckoned. Give your servant a heart to understand how to discern between good and evil, for who could govern this people of yours that is so great?’ It pleased the Lord that Solomon should have asked for this. ‘Since you have asked for this’ the Lord said ‘and not asked for long life for yourself or riches or the lives of your enemies, but have asked for a discerning judgement for yourself, here and now I do what you ask. I give you a heart wise and shrewd as none before you has had and none will have after you.’

Psalm: Psalm 85:5-6,9-10,15-16

Second reading Romans 8:28-30
We know that by turning everything to their good, God co-operates with all those who love him, with all those he has called according to his purpose. They are the ones he chose specially long ago and intended to become true images of his Son, so that his Son might be the eldest of many brothers. He called those he intended for this; those he called he justified, and with those he justified he shared his glory.

Gospel Matthew 13:44-52
Jesus said to the crowds, ‘The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field which someone has found; he hides it again, goes off happy, sells everything he owns and buys the field.
‘Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls; when he finds one of great value he goes and sells everything he owns and buys it.
‘Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a dragnet cast into the sea that brings in a haul of all kinds. When it is full, the fishermen haul it ashore; then, sitting down, they collect the good ones in a basket and throw away those that are no use. This is how it will be at the end of time: the angels will appear and separate the wicked from the just to throw them into the blazing furnace where there will be weeping and grinding of teeth.
‘Have you understood all this?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ And he said to them, ‘Well then, every scribe who becomes a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out from his storeroom things both new and old.’

Reflection
By Fely Santiago

...all things work for good to those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.


What I will share today are excerpts from my journal or my Diary for the Lord which I started in 1999 in order to see the workings of the Lord in my life.

You will see how things really work for good to those who love God and called according to His purpose. My life right now is a total surrender to God. After going through the various trials in my life, today, I am able to accept by the Grace of God, whatever comes to our lives, good or bad. This is because I believe that behind every event or circumstance, is a blessing from God. As Fr. Ruben Tanseco SJ, our Spiritual Director in Magis Deo Community would always say, "Good Luck, Bad Luck who knows?" You only have to see it in the eyes of FAITH. Be blessed.

Fri, 1/7/2000

It must have been Your will Lord that we attend today’s first Friday gathering of the Magis Deo Community. Sometimes, I wonder why should we attend coming all the way from Cavite to Guadalupe, Makati? What for? Just to hear mass, make little chit chika-chika (chit chat) then what? But tonight is a different night. We had Fr. Ruben Tanseco, SJ once again to celebrate the mass. And proceeding the teaching on the third look of Jesus, “of guavas and golf courses”. I was touched Lord, and got the courage to share our real life experience on living the 3rd look of Jesus, of making a new earth here on earth. I shared about our life today in Sherwood. Sometimes, I still wonder why You brought us here Lord. In the first place why did Intel move to Cavite, in this far-flung place where we have bad roads, far from all the malls, etc. But little by little I am getting an answer. Our life today Lord in Sherwood is such a simple and peaceful life. Yes, we may be far away from all the high tech amenities – internet, cable TV, etc but we do have a life that is able to share with our poor neighbors. Our house doesn’t have any fences so everybody is welcome. It is a house not just made of stone and bricks but a house, a home with a heart. And we enjoy the peace and serenity of the place, with the beauty of nature around us, with our vegetables and fruit-bearing trees. We enjoy the abundant fruits of the land. Lord, whatever it is still that You want us to do, guide us Lord. Let kindness make its abode in our hearts to be light to others, to the hopeless, to the poor, to the oppressed....

Monday, April 02, 2001

Lord, last Sat we again receive a notice from Sherwood regarding our lot amortization balance. Honestly Lord, we don’t know how we’d be able to settle this and it worries me again. I can only lift it up to you Lord knowing that You will help us in this time of need. Reading for today on Psalm 23 somewhat lifted me up, for You are indeed my Shepherd, there is nothing I shall want…And then there’s also the story from chicken soup on a twelve year-old who died of cancer where he promise to make his mother a rainbow and during his last moments his mother asked the Doctor if she could cuddle him. I cried Lord, because I felt so blessed to have my kids, how precious they are to me. They are Your gift to me Lord and again show me how much You care for me..I am still lucky even if we still have so many bills to pay. I am still blessed…with good health, with healthy children, with my family, will the food we have, with the job that we still have, with our relatives and friends and the list go on and on…thank You Jesus!

Sunday, August 01, 2004


Dear Lord, significant things happen last week Lord. My boss told me I did not get the promotion. My sister Popi’s working status in the US seem uncertain and my diamond ring got lost .I cried so hard last Friday when I learned that my promo did not get through. I was rated O (outstanding) but it didn’t matter because I was after the financial gain. But Lord, You must have other plans for me. With this closure of a DOOR You opened a window. My boss lend me money just at the right time to be able to send some to Papa who was equally grateful for this unexpected blessing. I will be able to pay BPI credit card which is above 18K over the credit limit. Lord, Your help just arrived in time. Our loan with Asian Cathay was also approved and we will now be able to pay Citibank and be rid of the very high monthly interest. Lord, thank You very much. You continue to love me unconditionally..Grabe! .And I continue to count my blessing amidst all these trials and difficulties. I’m able to overcome it Lord, with Your grace and mercy. Thank you Lord…

Friday, July 20, 2007


Dear Lord, right now am still worried about my job. I still lack the motivation, the fire and even the confidence. I have a lot of fears and doubts. What if I get a BE (below expectation) or IR (improvement required)? What will happen to my retirement? Will I end my career in a negative way? Lord I lift up all my fear and worries to You about my job. I am trying to look for another job but until now I have not received any response. There was a job which I felt really fit my qualification but it was already taken. If I really just listen to You I know the message is still “ have FAITH..TRUST the Lord”. Lord, please help me to let go of these fears, doubts, and worries. Help me to truly TRUST in You knowing YOU always want what is BEST for me. Help me to fully place myself in Your care, to abandon myself to You. You have never failed me in the past. I know You will never abandon me. Help me to be always positive, the see the light at the end of the tunnel, to go through these dark moments of my life with complete trust and confidence in Your love, in Your abiding mercy. These past few days Lord, I have seen the rainbow so many times. It’s a sign that You are there. Lord please take care of me and my family. Help me to focus not in this life but more so in the life after this, the life with You in HEAVEN. Life is short. Help me to really treasure each moment, remove all remorse and hatred in my heart even to my children, my son Rjay. Fill my heart with love and mercy for You desire mercy not sacrifice. Thank You Lord for everything. I know I am still blessed with this job. I don’t have to work overtime. I still have time to work from home. I have time to play. I can take a vacation any time. I can work at my own pace. Help me not to be too attached to my performance but to do the best I can with Your guidance and grace. Help me Lord to be truly humble. To learn as much as I can. Thank You Lord for friends who understands. Thank You for good health, for love in our family, for a good husband, for our relatives who help us at home, who worked for us and make our lives easier, thank You for our BCGG (Basic Christian Growth Group), for our community. Thank You for our badminton mates. Thank You for the food we eat everyday. Thank You for all the trials that come our way for I know they will make us stronger, better persons. Thank You for the death of some friends for they remind us that life is too short that we are not really in control of our life. We can go anytime. We need to always be ready. And when that time comes, we won’t need our jobs, our money, our possessions. We only need Your Love and Your salvation Lord! Help us Lord to prepare for life in heaven. May it also be the goal of our family! Thank You Lord for everything…I love You Lord!!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008


Dear Lord,

Thank You for Your words on TRUST. Your call for us is to TRUST. Lord I’m feeling inadequate because I am not getting to where I want to be. I am again confused. What do you really have in store for me? I am discouraged at how things are going on with my business in IMG (International Marketing Group). I want to become an MD (Marketing Director) but there are so many obstacles. But I know life is good Lord. What else do I want? I have everything. The key I think is really just PATIENCE. Lord I will wait for Your leadings. Help me Lord! I will TRUST in You! Thank You Lord….

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Salamat Panginoon, Salamat.(thank You Lord, thank you) .Lord this is what’s really in my heart! I cannot describe the joy I have in my heart these days! My heart’s desires are what I am experiencing right now. We are on our way to become National Marekting Director (NMD). We are earning 6-figures/month onwards to our goal of 7-figures/month! Truly Rich Makers team is growing exponentially! It really feels good to have lots of money Lord. Before my journal and diary to you Lord would always speak of financial struggles, our financial needs, so many bills to pay, debts to settle. We were really buried in debts. But now I can really feel the abundance!! Thank You, thank You Lord for bringing us to IMG and using us to share this to others! I hope they will also experience the same abundance I am now experiencing Lord. Mas masarap nga talaga tumulong Lord pag meron kang pera na pwedeng ibigay! (Is is truly nice to help others when you have some money to give) This is being TRULY RICH!! Salamat Panginoon Salamat!! (Thank You Lord, thank You!)

Really, all things work for good to those who love God and called according to His purpose.

Here’s another excerpts from an article “The BEST is yet to come”

The Lord reminds us that He hasn’t made us yet – He’s making us! GOD isn’t finished with you yet, and the Master craftsman should never be judged by an unfinished product. GOD loves you, GOD has a plan for your life, and GOD will finish what He has started.

Do you know why GOD saves the best till the last? GOD save the best till the last so we can grow in our spiritual character and really enjoy the best when it comes. GOD doesn’t want us to be spoiled children who get too much too soon. He wants to us to grow in character and in spiritual appreciation. He starts with the good – then He gives the better – then He gives the BEST! One reason GOD is permitting trials and difficulties today is that we may be prepared to appreciate and enjoy the blessings of tomorrow.

Don’t run ahead of GOD – let Him direct your steps. He has His plan and He has His time. GOD’s clock is never one minute early or one minute late – it always strikes right on time. The heart of man cannot conceive the wonderful things GOD has prepared for us. The BEST is yet to come. And when it comes, we will look back at the difficulties of life and say, “It’s been worth it all.”

And that’s exactly how I am feeling these days looking back to all the pains and sufferings, the trials and difficulties that I went through knowing that I never gave up! I just trusted the Lord because He tells us many times – “Be still. Do not be afraid.” The joy I am feeling these days is just beyond words! Praise God!

Dear Lord thank You for molding us, making us experience all the pains and sufferings, the trials and difficulties in life because just like gold tested in fire, so are we to become the person that You want us to be. Continue to give us the grace and wisdom to go through life with deep faith and trust in You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you feel...

Followers

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP