Powered by Blogger.

Thursday 24 November 2011

Take heed, Watch

How to make a gif

“ Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.

First Reading: Isaiah 63:16-17, 19

For you are our Father. Were Abraham not to know us, nor Israel to acknowledge us, You, LORD, are our father, our redeemer you are named forever. Why do you let us wander, O LORD, from your ways, and harden our hearts so that we fear you not? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes of your heritage. Too long have we been like those you do not rule, who do not bear your name. Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down, with the mountains quaking before you.

 Resp. Psalm: Psalms 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19

Second Reading: 1st Cor.1:3-9

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I give thanks to my God always on your account for the grace of God bestowed on you in Christ Jesus, that in him you were enriched in every way, with all discourse and all knowledge, as the testimony to Christ was confirmed among you, so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift as you wait for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ. He will keep you firm to the end, irreproachable on the day of our Lord Jesus (Christ). God is faithful, and by him you were called to fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gospel: Mark 13:33-37

Be watchful! Be alert! You do not know when the time will come. It is like a man traveling abroad. He leaves home and places his servants in charge, each with his work, and orders the gatekeeper to be on the watch. Watch, therefore; you do not know when the lord of the house is coming, whether in the evening, or at midnight, or at cockcrow, or in the morning. May he not come suddenly and find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to all: 'Watch!'"

Reflection

by Elizabeth Eguia

"Listen to your father"; "We must hear the expert before we make a decision"

It took me some time to write my last article for November as the Gospel message seems to be the same for the past weeks as well. I got stuck not knowing what to write. Until recently I had to experience another trial and miracle in life. Last Sunday, I had to go to the hospital as I noticed signs of Bell’s Palsy. It took time to digest that it is happening to me but my instinct has been so strong and with God’s divine intervention, He gave me wisdom on what to do. Maybe the experience of friends who had this illness helped me as well. It was 11pm, my officemate and I were about to take a lift to our condo unit and I felt something different. I felt the right side of my face was smiling but literally I wasn’t. At that moment I had an idea but I need to confirm and see myself from the mirror. I went to the bathroom, looked at the mirror and noticed the difference. My right cheek was moved up like it is swollen, my lips a little protruded with the left side a bit down. I got nervous, but the first thing that I uttered at that moment was "Jesus, please help me." I went directly to my friend and ask to look at my face and check if there is something different. Then she noticed as well. I immediately decided to go to hospital have it checked with one thing in my mind, I want to confirm what it was and I want remedy be given immediately.

My blood pressure then was high (due to panic and nervousness). I had CT scan and thank God the results were normal. The doctor ruled out stroke and confirmed it was Bell’s Palsy. So I was advised to be admitted for observation since my blood pressure was high as well. While waiting in the emergency area, I was holding with me an El Shaddai handkerchief. I placed it in my right cheek and I prayed for complete healing and at that moment I already let go. Since I know what it was and I am in the hospital and most especially God is with me, I felt safe and everything will be fine. In a span of 2-3 hours my friend and I noticed that my right cheek came back to normal. I know it was a miracle since most of the Bell’s Palsy cases I have read are much worst and took time for their face to be back to normal. But in my case, it was like sudden healing. I still allowed the doctors observe my condition and my regular doctor said it was good I went directly to hospital. Receiving Holy Communion daily when I was admitted helped me to be stronger and be at peace. God also surrounded me with angel friends who had been at my side and assisted me in this trial time.

The gospel today reminds us to be watchful, listen to God’s teaching, follow and practice it in our lives for we never know what may happen to us at any point in time. Being close to God through prayers, community groups, going to Mass, reading the Bible, listening to religious messages will give us wisdom and strength when faced with problems and it will give us the courage to go on with life praising and thanking God all the more for he has been there with us all day through.

 Prayer:

Dear God, words may be insufficient to express the gratitude that is overflowing in my heart. Thank you. Grant me and our readers, wisdom, strength, courage to face life’s trials with faith and trust in You so that we may be ready at all times no matter what trials may come our way. This we ask of You for Your greater glory and honor. Amen.

www.anluwage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you feel...

Followers

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP