Powered by Blogger.

Saturday 2 June 2012

HE MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL...IN HIS TIME

Solemnity of the Holy Trinity
June 3, 2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

First Reading:  Dt 4:32-34, 39-40

Moses said to the people: "Ask now of the days of old, before your time, ever since God created man upon the earth ask from one end of the sky to the other: Did anything so great ever happen before? Was it ever heard of? Did a people ever hear the voice of God speaking from the midst of fire, as you did, and live Or did any god venture to go and take a nation for himself from the midst of another nation, by testings, by signs and wonders, by war, with strong hand and outstretched arm, and by great terrors, all of which the LORD, your God, did for you in Egypt before your very eyes? This is why you must now know, and fix in your heart, that the LORD is God in the heavens above and on earth below, and that there is no other. You must keep his statutes and commandments that I enjoin on you today, that you and your children after you may prosper, and that you may have long life on the land which the LORD, your God, is giving you forever."

Responsorial Psalm: Ps 33:4-5, 6, 9, 18-19, 20, 22

Second Reading: Rom 8:14-17

Brothers and sisters: For those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received a Spirit of adoption, through whom we cry, "Abba, Father!" The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if only we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him.

Gospel:  Mt 28:16-20

The eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had ordered them. When they all saw him, they worshiped, but they doubted. Then Jesus approached and said to them, "All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."


Reflection
By Gharri Tulabut

When my employer for eleven years closed down its operations in the Philippines in 2009, I was one of those who did not exactly know what was in store for our future. Yes, we received a huge lump sum in terms of severance pay, but sooner than later, we would find out that steady income is much better than a one-time-big-time payment of our past services. Some of us immediately found new jobs. But some, including me, were not as fortunate.

 On my part, I deliberately did not try to look for a new job for a whole year. I wanted to spend some time with my family which I wasn’t able to do for the past eleven years and, at the same time, enrich my relationship with God by writing for Didache and God-Speak, and by becoming, first, the creatives ministry head of Light of Jesus Pampanga, and later by becoming its administrative head.

 On top of these, I also pursued graduate school and attended financial literacy and entrepreneurship classes. I also conducted seminars, taught in college, and attended silk-screen printing class. I also started investing in the stock market. I am sure there were other things I did during these times which I might have forgotten to write here. All these I did to keep myself busy while at the same time improve myself in preparation for what God might be cooking for me in His kitchen.

 Then one year went by, and it was time for me to start looking for a job. Despite how faithful I was in following my budget, my money in the bank has now shrunk to half.

 My very first interview was with a popular manufacturer of tablets, computers, MP3 players and smart phones. They did not call me a second time. What do you expect? That was my first interview after eleven years of not entertaining any interviews. Lesson learned.

Then I applied from one company to another. Some, just totally reject me. Others did invite me for interviews even up to final interviews. This lasted for almost two years. Interviews had become a learning sessions for me. It’s like, I am almost sure that I would not be hired so I just learn the most out of the interview experience and do better the next time. And if I decided to boycott the products of all the companies that have rejected my applications, , I would not be buying anything in my entire life.

 But again, while I kept on job hunting, I also made sure that I continue doing the things that would improve me as a person, such as those seminars, classes, and the religious activities. Those that would prepare me when the right opportunity comes. And of course, I left everything else in God’s hands for I know He makes all things beautiful in His time. I also believe in luck. But my definition of luck is when opportunity meets preparation.

 And so after 2 years, 100 companies, 50 interviews and 49 rejections, I was hired by a company whose business and culture are much like that of my old employer. Come to think of it, in 2008 when this company was just having its ground breaking in Clark Pampanga (my home province), I was already targeting to transfer to this company. It just took a little while, and prepared me a little more.

And true enough, God makes all things beautiful in  His time. Now, I am not only wiser in terms of corporate work, I also know I am a much better person in terms leading teams, public speaking, financial literacy, business savvy and many more. All these are the result of working hard improving myself while patiently waiting for His right time, and completely trusting that God will be with me till the end.

 Prayer:

Oh, Blessed Trinity, Thank You for making all things beautiful at the right time, in Your time! And thank You for being with us until the end! Amen!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you feel...

Followers

  ©Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP